Wednesday, May 11, 2011

ARTastic May Challenge - Simplicity

Here is the beautiful painting that is to inspire us this month. The timing was perfect with the birth of my new nephew.


Mother and Sarah Admiring the Baby - Mary Cassatt(Suggested by Shazza)



Diva Demand for an extra 6 bonus points try and work the following into your layout.1. Single Photo of a mother, grandma, child etc....holding a baby = 1pt2. Lace somewhere on the page = 2pts3. Something orange = 3pts



Little Jack Cooper was born on Good Friday this year and I was lucky enough to get to Sydney to visit the new addition to the family.




I think this photo captures Liz and her two boys perfectly, a time when all is well with the world.


11 comments:

  1. This is an awesome LO, Sarah! I totally love the pattern paper pieces and the pretty lace. The blue flowers add just the right amount of color to your design. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic!
    xxx-RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page..a gorgeous photo, magic paper & use of a pattern, love the blue of the flowers & the orange in the lace. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, the perfect photo to use for this challenge, I just love the textured pattern you have used, the embellishments are just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us for our birthday month. Melx from ARTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning layout! I love the layers of dressmaking tissue paper and the flowers and lace are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout. love the flowers and lace, very stunning ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful layout! I love all the stitching and the use of sewing pattern. The orange and the turquoise are great colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sara;0) Great LO! I love the lace and the polka dot flowers are super cute! Your pic is adorable! Thank you for joining us this month over at ARTastic;0) Have a great evening!

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!!! I love the use of pattern paper, I had never seen this done before and I think the effect is so cool! I really like the little details like the stitching and the outlining of the flowers as well. I so love the look of this page! Thank you for joining us over at ARTastic this month and I for one am hoping to see lots more of your work in the future!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful page Sarah!
    Love your layering of sewing patterns. The aqua and orange just look awesome together on this page....and love the photo you used, just perfect for this months challenge!
    Cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that ppp you used and youve used it brilliantly, just a gorgeous page

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a gorgeous LO, the photo, the colours, it's just gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete