Saturday, May 19, 2012

Old Book



Show Us Your Stuff - May Challenge




The above poster is our inspiration for this months challenge. It wasn't until I was reading to my daughter her night time story that I realised that I had a story to tell for this page. I was given this book " Kate's Balloon Trip" for my 7th Birthday, I still remember the person who gave it to me - it was the boy across the road. I loved this book, I know I read it a lot because in the front cover I have my name and 3 different classes I was in, so I read it for years. I kept this book, could never get rid of it and now my children read it and my daughter Kate ( how ironic) seems to get as much joy from it as I did.  So glad I was able to scrap this, it is sometimes the little, everyday things we forget to record.
I nearly forgot to mention that I made the fimo balloon to look like the one in the book.
Thanks for taking the time to drop by.
Thank you SUYS.

5 comments:

  1. Love your layout Sarah! Looks colourful and fun just like the memory you are sharing through your page! Thanks for playing along SUYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah great lo! and I love your story about your book how approiate for this challenge, and your fimo balloon is great! thanks for joining in once again at SUYS cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the inspiration photo love your LO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout Sarah and what a beautiful story too.
    I love the fimo balloon you made.
    Thanks for playing at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete