Friday, September 23, 2011

Once Upon a Sketch - September 15th Challenge

Journalling Criteria: This time you need to journal 2 lines directly on your photo. You can write on your photo, you can print your writing on your photo, you can use journalling strips on your photo etc. There is no theme this time, just a journalling technique criteria.

You must also use this sketch.
For my father in laws 70th birthday I had promised my mother in law that I would create a page based on this photo of Jim taken on his last gold prospecting trip up north. Thanks to the wonderful sketch provided by Nadia I was able to have this ready in time. In this page I have tried to keep to earthy tones and golds due to his love of getting out in the bush and prospecting for gold. I have put a journaling strip down the side of the photo and I have used rub ons down the bottom of the photo for the date.

Thanks again for the great challenge.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
    The vintage look on this picture is fun :)

    P.s. It was a great trip in Turkey. I'm sad I back In Belgium -> cold and rainy :(

    xxx
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! What a stunning page! Beautiful manly mix and nicely put together! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous masculine page! Into my faves it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your Lo and what you've done with this sketch !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looooove seeing such a masculine page. This is fabulous and your choice of papers are perfect for that photo. I love how you incorporated your journaling over the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous interpretation of the sketch, fabulous page!! Adore the sentiment and all the wonderful details

    ReplyDelete