Friday, November 30, 2012

Cherry

ARTastic December Challenge.
This month as a member of the design team at ARTastic it was my turn to choose a piece of art work . I have chosen Emma Hack. I love the floral patterns she paints on a canvas and on the human body for them to become one.  Her art work is very  feminine and if I had enough money I would have her work around my house for I find it very peaceful to look at. If you are ever at Adelaide Airport their are about 5 of her pieces of art on the wall.
A little about Emma Hack
Adelaide-based artist, Emma Hack, has been exhibiting extensively throughout Australia since 1999. Through a combination of painting on canvas, body painting and studio-based photography, Emma's works evoke a rich array of visual narrative and magical realism.

Emma's recent collaboration on Gotye's 'Somebody That I Used To Know' has seen her profile skyrocket with the single in UK, Europe and US charts and over 100 million hits on YouTube.
http://www.emmahackartist.com/artist.php
 Here is what I have come up with for this challenge. I used a lot of different pp for my background and tried to bring them into the photo of my daughter picking/eating cherries by adding a few birds.
It would be great to see what you come up with, other DT members have also created some amazing pages and off the page work. Here is the link to have a look at their work.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah your bright papers highlight your truly priceless photo perfectly. Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete