Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Together Again

Purple Pumpkin August Recipe Challenge:
Here are the ingredients
  1. Paint
  2. Use a Button
  3. Add some twine
  4. Include some fussy cutting
  5. Spray ink
  6. A flower
  7. A doiley
  8. Use two different alphas for your title
I have included all of these on my page.
I was also very happy to use the goodies I received in my Purple Pumpkin Vintage goodie bag. The doiley, the flower button and the taupe coloured twine.
I haven't done a true vintage page for  while so I thought this was the challenge to help me create this page.
The photo is of my mum and  nana arriving in Tokyo on Christmas Eve 1947  to meet up with my grandfather who had been posted to Japan as part of the Commonwealth Occupational Forces. They lived there for a year. I suppose it is very timely to scrap this photo. We too have just been posted again, not as far as Tokyo but Sydney. There were times when I thought we could stay here without DH but if my nana and mum can sail nearly half way round the world to be together as a family we can surely cope with 2 years living in Sydney. 
See scrapbooking is therapy!

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to have a look.

8 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous and such a beautiful memory to scrap.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have used PP vintage kit perfectly!! I love the photo, the colors and your design!! I agree, scrapbooking is therapy!!! Thanks for playing along with us at PP!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic vintage layout! And you have used PP so well for this theme too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really precious! I love the papers that you ahve used and how well they match with the PP embellies. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What alovely photo you have had to create your lovely layout with Sarah as you contemplate your families next life adventure. The two years will zoom I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful vintage page and you have featured the Purple Pumpkin so so well. So glad you played along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful layout, I'm a HUGE fan of vintage style layouts...thanks for playing along with Purple Pumpkin xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love a heritage layout...thanks for playing along at Pp

    ReplyDelete