ARTastic October Challenge - By Liza Posar (Mixed media artist)

Criteria – Handmade flowers.
I must admit I do not use a lot of flowers on my pages, not sure why. So the challenge here was to make some for a page inspired by Liza Posar. I went for the more traditional country garden scene with a photo I took down at the Fox Creek Winery and their beautiful cottage garden.
The idea for the flowers came from the latest issue Sept/Oct of Creating Keepsakes magazine. I however used old fabric instead of paper and it worked just as well.
Sorry about the bad scan but these are the very simple instructions for these fringed flowers.
1. Fold 1" x 12" strips of paper/fabric half lengthwise.
2. Cut fringe along folded sides of strips.
3. Roll fringed strips tightly to form flowers; adhere ends to secure.
Happy flower making.


These flowers look so effective SArah.I'm off to try them out.THanks for the idea.
ReplyDeleteThats a fab idea to use the fabric Sarah! I will have a go at these ones for sure!
ReplyDeleteSarah, I LOVE your page and handmade flowers - you did awesome and they really suit the theme of your page :)
ReplyDeleteOh I love fabric and flowers so I'll have to try these. They look gorgeous on your page. That range of papers are my favourite and I really like how you have used them. A great page.
ReplyDeleteSarah, the papers you have used with your photograph have added to that country cottage feel. Great flowers. Thanks for the tutorial on how to make them, Thank you also for your lovely comments. Have a great week, cheers, Di
ReplyDeleteFor such a simple little flower, they look way more complex. Thanks for sharing Sarah, I am off to have a try.
ReplyDelete